Re: How to stop an active network connection

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 05:30:01PM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:26:04 +0000 (UTC)
> T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > How can I stop an active network connection? e.g.,
> >
> >  $ netstat
> >  Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
> >  Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
> > State
> >  tcp        0      0 192.168.0.100:ssh       ip-72-55-146-217.:35911
> > ESTABLISHED
> >
> > Because barbarians are pounding at my sshd gate again:
>
> apt-cache show cutter ?

I think cutter only works on routers or machines in the middle of the
tcp conversion

I would suggest using tcpdump to see the traffic on eth0 with somehting
like

tcpdump -pni eth0 -c 100

then you could use iptables to block the connection with something like

iptables -I OUTPUT -d <destination ip> -j REJECT
iptables -I INPUT -s <destination ip> -J REJECT

you could/should add better select with -p and/or --dport or --sport

Alex