Re: firewoll/router lose the connection to the internet

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have an old PC box with CB581X-VI Main Board and a CPU:
>>
>> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
>> processor	: 0
>> vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
>> cpu family	: 5
>> model		: 8
>> model name	: AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
>> stepping	: 12
>> cpu MHz		: 451.040
>> cache size	: 64 KB
>> fdiv_bug	: no
>> hlt_bug		: no
>> f00f_bug	: no
>> coma_bug	: no
>> fpu		: yes
>> fpu_exception	: yes
>> cpuid level	: 1
>> wp		: yes
>> flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 pge mmx syscall 3dnow k6_mtrr
>> bogomips	: 903.01
>>
>> I have installed on this hardware Debian GNU/Linux Etch and I'm using
>> it as a firewall/router.
>>
>> I'm using now linux-image-2.6.18-6-486.
>>
>> I want to know which linux-image is the best for this CPU?
>>
>> Any advices will be appreciated!
>
> I think maybe if I install a better linux-image then the connection to
> the internet will be better too..

I have a cable internet, with download/upload 2048/768 so I don't know
how could happen that that the connection suddenly become bad so from
the internet I can't to reach my web server that is behind of my
firewall/router?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi