Re: dpkg error!! says no space left in device

On 11/30/08 22:19, raman narasimhan wrote:
i was installing new packages into my lenny system via synaptic.. when it was applying the changes, i got the following error message:

*E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
*
so i tried dpkg --configure -a

i got this message
*dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
failed to write status record about `libmng-dev' to `/var/lib/dpkg/status': No space left on device
*
what should i do??

$ du -m

# apt-get clean

$ du -m

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?