Re: Keeping more up to date than Lenny, safely?

Ron Johnson wrote:

 but at the same time i read the release notes for the new
 Ubuntu beta, and its really nice. I *want* Gnome 2.24 (the auto

 Unstable is at GNOME v2.22.5

I said:

Unstable (or Sid) has been at 2.23 for a short while, and is already transitioning to 2.24.

Let me clarify this a bit:

On my system, if one pulls down the About box for GNOME, it says 2.22. However, if one looks at the files installed, quite a few of them are at 2.23. A few have started trickling in that are at 2.24. So it is fair to say that GNOME is in the middle of a transition. I would like it if it happened a bit faster, but I have no major complaints.

MArk Allums