Re: cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help

* linuksos <linuksos@gmail.com> 09.10.2008
> No difference. I can see enormous hard disk activity but no positive result...
>
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > On the cmdline:
> >
> > cdrecord -v dev=/dev/<device> blank=fast <xxx>.iso

Hello linuksos,

do you have the original cdrecord from Jörg Schilling or do you work
with the debian package? If you do not have the original, give it a try.
The homepage is "ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/";. There you
find the actual version, which is *cdrtools-2.01.01a51.tar.bz2*. I don't
know why the package is in the alpha folder, because I don't think it's
alpha. You must compile it by yourself, but that's no problem. The only
problem in my opinion is that you install it and apt and dpkg knows
nothing. You can use "equivs" for making a pseudo package because of the
packages which depends on wodim.

Hth Michael

PS: This is no flame against wodim and pro cdrecord, but I think the OP
    shall test it, because sometimes I read from problems with wodim.

--
Everybody should believe in something...
I believe I'll have another drink.