Re: proxy server difficulties

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:39:03 +1000, Julian De Marchi wrote:

>> I can't get any of the proxy server working on my newly installed
>> lenny, both squid and privoxy.
>>
>> squid installs and starts fine. Just that it doesn't work if I browse
>> using proxy server localhost:3128. The logs looks normal to me:
>
> does netstat -tap list squid as listening for connections?

Thanks for reply, yes it does:

$ netstat -tap | grep squid
tcp        0      0 *:3128                  *:*
LISTEN      31934/(squid)

My squid is the latest version:

$ apt-cache policy squid
squid:
  Installed: 2.7.STABLE3-1
  Candidate: 2.7.STABLE3-1

Oh, I upgrade to this version in my previous working lenny and squid
stops working too.

any other checking?

thanks

--