Re: How about MySQL in 64bit Debian?

Star Liu escribió:
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Dave Ewart <davee@ceu.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
On Thursday, 09.10.2008 at 16:57 +0800, hhding.gnu wrote:

How about MySQL server in 64bit Debian?
Is it stable enough for product environment?
Absolutely, yes.  I've been using it is since the (unofficial) Sarge
amd64 era, and have continued with it on Etch.

Its use here has been for large-scale research data, which means that
some of the database are very large.  No problems at all.

We also use PostgreSQL, which I happen to prefer, also no problems.
I'm new to PostgreSQL and MySql, which database server should i use
first? thanks!
What do you want to do ? Which requisites do you need ?

PostgreSQL is a community only database server and MySQL has a community and enterprise version (with support and you need to pay for it).

Dave.

--
Dave Ewart
davee@ceu.ox.ac.uk