Re: What does it takes to bring a system down to its knee ?

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Malaterre schrieb:
21007 mmalater  18   0  118m  62m 1120 D    3  1.6   1:14.08 gdcmscanner

  AFAIK that does not seems to neither: memory hungry nor process
hungry. Is this correct ? If so this means my system is getting slower
because of the disk operation, right ? Any tool to monitor that or
track down why my system is so unresponsive ?

Have a look at the wait percentage (wa) at the top of the top output. It is high when the system waits for the disks (or net?)

Stefan