SOLVED - Re: Konqueror, mplayer and embedded mp3

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 22:45:49 David Fox wrote:
> I think you should have a General tab that lists some possible
> choices for audio/mpeg as well. If your favorite player is not
> listed there, you can click on the Add tab, put in the
> path/filename, and then click OK, then click apply to save and
> update the associations. If the player you want to use by default
> isn't in the first position, you can use "move up" to move the
> preference up to the top, tnen click on Apply.

Thanks for the reply.
I checked again many times, comparing all the settings between the
account that works and the one that doesn't work.
I found my mistakes:

1) mplayer and kmplayer are two different embeddable players. I always
thought of mplayer as console only, and kmplayer for KDE, with a GUI.
What I really wanted was kmplayer. I'm still not sure how to embed
mplayer, or if it can be embedded, but kmplayer works well for me and
I'm happy with it.

2) In:
Settings > Configure Konqueror > File Associations > audio > x-mp3 >
Embedding,
I had to select "Embedded Mplayer for KDE (kmplayer_part)".
I was looking in alphabetical order at "Kmplayer" and "mplayer", and I
was stupid enough to always miss the relevant entry at "E".

Thanks for replying. You forced me to have another look :)

Blessings,

Augustin

--
http://minguo.info/ better election methods