Re: exim4 authentication in etch? - SUCCESS!

s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
> So, the answer is to avoid providers who require this?  Or is there
> any alternative action he could employ?

Fair question. Re-reading the exim4 configuration code again, I can see
that MAIN_TLS_ENABLE is required. (Without it, it seems that none of
the certificate configuration settings is included.) I forgot to mention
this in my original suggestion because I've had it enabled for so long

I'm still puzzled why the OP needs the AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS
setting, which I also have mis-represented above. For correction, it
allows inbound client connections to one's own server to use passwords
without TLS encryption.

Chris