Re: setting a static ip on a dhcp account

Andrei Popescu wrote:

> Your initial question was about port forwarding as well. The lower part
> of your screenshot is just for that (other consumer routers call it
> "virtual server" as well):
>
> Nome: choose some name for your port forwarding
>
> Indirizzio MAC: the MAC address where the redirect should go
>
> Indirizzio IP locale: the local IP address of the computer
> (it might be that only one is enough, though I'd rather use the MAC)
>
> Porta locale: the port where your service is running
>
> Porta publica: the port that should be visible on the internet
> (usually these don't need to be the same. You could run the ssh server
> on the standard port 22, but redirect it to some other port on the
> outside. This doesn't bring much security, but it might help reduce
> traffic from script-kiddies trying to break in)
>
> Protocollo: the protocoll (usually "tcp" or "udp")
>
> Stato: state? (this is the limit of my Italian)
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
> P.S. Does your modem have Pirelli tires? :)
Thanks Andrei,
It worked like a charm. The port forwarding is successful and things are
functioning normally. The modem is actually fairly kind and fills in most
of the items. I only had to specify the port and the protocol.
The modem does indeed have Pirelli tyres but only for wet weather ;-)
Cheers,
Jonathan