Re: House wireless/wired router: choices? Plus wireless neophyte questions.

On Fri,03.Oct.08, 01:46:48, Chris Metzler wrote:

[...]

One detail not mentioned here was that you should use WPA2 encryption to
protect your wireless network. WEP is easy to crack with standard Linux
tools. As far as I recall the XP version of the other OS needs at least
SP2 (or was that SP3?) to use WPA2.

As for choice of wireless routers, I have used a D-Link DI-524 for a
while with no problems (using the standard firmware). That box is now at
my mom's house and I'm planning on getting the Asus WL-500g Premium,
which has a lot of nice features, but is more expensive. Maybe it would
be interesting for you to look for a model with integrated DSL modem?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)