Re: Importing bookmark file

On 10/01/2008 04:29 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
I'm trying to install my ubuntu firefox bookmark file into 2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-486 iceweasel. I copied it into /etc/iceweasel/profile after renaming the original file. the problem is iceweasel is ignoring the new file and still showing the bookmarks from the original, even though it is renamed. The owner, group, and permissions are the same as the
original.

Tried importing using iceweasel's bookmarks->organize bookmarks->import->
bookmarks.html (from where I had it stashed...$HOME) with no luck.

If anyone has any advice, pointers, etc on how to proceed I would appreciate hearing them.

I would think that the method you described above should work, but you may have to move places.sqlite to another folder where Iceweasel can't see it. Upon starting, Iceweasel should rebuild places.sqlite (the Iceweasel 3.0 bookmarks file) using the data in bookmarks.html (the old Iceweasel 2.0 bookmarks file).

If that doesn't work, look here for more information: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ . The Firefox section may help you.