Re: Howto sign e-mail using PGP (Debian Lennyy Evolution2.22.3.1)?

On 09/29/2008 Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

Hi,

> But whenever I send an email to *myself* (through a MS Exchange 2000
> server) using "PGP sign" Evolution says "Invalid signature". Mail from
> other people seem to work correctly: in the end (after some clicking) I
> get  "valid signature".

I can confirm that your key is uploaded correctly and that the signature
verification fails.

> Can anyone give me a clue how to get this working ?

Well, if the sig fails, there can be two cases:
1) The signature never was correct. This is then a bug in Evolution
2) The message was changed on the way

Have a thorough look at what is in your box with send items (or even in
your outbox before sending it to the server). That might give a clue
where of where it went wrong. And be aware that even the slightest
change in the signed text (wrapping it, changing the line-feed, encoding
a character, adding a space) makes gpg fail.

best wishes,

Winfried

--
http://www.tilanus.com