Re: mutt & backscatter clues

Steve Kemp wrote:
>   I believe it is possible to sign outgoing messages to detect legitimate
>  bounces and dump bogus ones - but I've not tried that.

    You mean something like this in Exim?

  deny hosts     = !+relay_from_hosts
       senders   = :
       message = Joe-job protection - Learn how to not send YOUR spam bounces
to anything other than the true originator.  Thanks!
       condition = \
             ${if !match{${lc:$message_body}}\
                 {\N( |^)received: from .+69\.61\.82\.197\N}\
                 {yes}{no}}

    Basically, if the sender is <> and my IP is not in any of the Received:
lines it's obvious it didn't come from me.

--
         Steve C. Lamb         | But who can decide what they dream
       PGP Key: 1FC01004       |      and dream I do