Re: How to customize project version number in subversion

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Michael Yang <michael.yxf@gmail.com> wrote:
> For example, now the version starts from revision 1, and incremental by one.
> I want to set the number in format of 1.0.0.1, how can I do this setting the
> main branch number?

You don't do that, commits are atomic and the whole repo at revNo 328
(for example) refers to a single state.

If you want a version of 1.0.0.1 just 'svn cp trunk branches/1.0.0.1
&& svn ci -"added version 1.0.0.1"' (I assume you keep to the
recommended layout as suggested in the svn book from read bean, which
gives in about 2.5hours of reading complete insight on how subversion
works and which is freely available as PDF, html and somesuch thru the
net)

hth
martin

--
http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.