Re: USB devices not detected unless plugged in at boot

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 03:24:13PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 09:51:49PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> > > Syslog.  Note that they are all detected fine if they are plugged in before
> > > the boot process, so clearly the kernel can recognize them.
> >
> > But it's also the kernel who should recognize them later. Udev runs in
> > user space (AFAIK). Do you have a standard kernel or self-compiled. Do
> > you get *any* response in syslog? I'm not sure I can help you, but these
> > are things I would look at first.
>
> Standard 2.6.24-1-amd64 from the Debian package.
>
> Could it be some kernel module that isn't being loaded?  Anyone have an
> insight?  I'm using the same Debian release on my tower with the same USB
> devices flawlessly, but there I'm using the K7 kernel (older CPU).

could it be an ordering thing, I have a logitech 9000 webcam, if it is
plugged in at boot up my usb sounds doesn't work and my multicard reader
doesn't work. I have to unload a few modules and load them in the right
order.

what does lsusb show you