Re: can rkhunter propupdate correctly be run?

On 2008-09-05 09:52, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Given the changes in the debian system is it correct to run rkhunter
> propupdate or may something else be going on?

I'd verify from /var/log/aptitude, if the files in question are really
affected by an aptitude upgrade (assuming you run aptitude for upgrades)
and than run 'rkhunter --propupdate'.

$ dpkg -S /bin/mktemp
mktemp: /bin/mktemp

would tell you that mktemp belongs to the package mktemp, etc.

If you are paranoid (and trust rkhunter in the first place) you could
run rkhunter before a debian update and 'rkhunter --propudate' after.

HTH,

Johannes