Re: Iceweasel S L O W to start when no Internet connection

On 09/04/08 09:36, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
Iceweasel takes forever (minutes :) to start when I have no immediate Internet connection. That's very annoying, because, at my place of work, I can't have an Internet connection until I've logged in through a web page. There doesn't seem to be an option to start Iceweasel off line. This is a recent change in its behavior. Any thoughts? (I'm very tempted just to go with the latest Firefox, and bypass the whole Iceweasel thing entirely, but I prefer to use Debian packaging where possible.)

I'm on an up-to-date testing, amd64 system.

What's your home page?  Maybe setting it to blank would help.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson