Firewire performance regression in 2.6.26-1-686-bigmem

Hi,

I'm running Debian testing in my home machine and after a long break I've
dist-upgraded it. During the update, I've upgraded my kernel from
2.6.25-2-686-bigmem to 2.6.26-1-686-bigmem.

While this upgrade fixed some problems with my firewire disk (firewire
disks are detected / mounted first in 25 so I have to rebuild initramfs
for resume device and modify fstab according to new device paths), I'm
currently experiencing a heavy performance regression in 2.6.26. Until
2.6.26, my external firewire disk (Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus / 1TB) was
reading with 38MB/s and writing with 26MB/s. When I do writing tests with
dd from /dev/zero to disk, I get 26MBs but when I read with KDE, hdparm,
dd or cp I'm stuck at 24MB/s. This speed is very stable, only varies
0.5MB/s among successive tests.

I also upgraded my BIOS to latest version after the upgrade but I think
this is not the cause of the regression because I also have a SoundBlaster
audigy2ZS and it has a firewire port too and using the port on it rather
than the motherboard's one also doesn't changes the speed in a reasonable
manner.

Is anybody other than me having the same problem or have some ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Hakan

My basic system configuration is as follows:
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600
RAM: 4GB OCz Flex XLC CL3 High performance DDR2
M/B: MSI P35 Platinum / BIOS 1.9