Re: Debian on Dell Inspiron 640m

Nishita Desai wrote:
Hello,

I am looking to install Debian Etch on Dell Inspiron 640m laptop. The
following two pieces of hardware have been troublesome on most OSes
tried before. Has anyone installed Debian and gotten them to work?

1. Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
2. Ricoh R5C832 5-in-1 media card reader

Thanks,
Nishita

Try,

http://kryptoz.wordpress.com/2008/05/02/install-ipw3945-intel-prowireless-3945abg-on-debian/

ipw3945 is depricated and you should be trying iwlwifi drivers. Hopefully you will find your luch. I have a d620 and I have made ipw3945ABG working on it, though now I have updated it to lenny.

cheers!
Sabarish