Transplanting A Fresh Debian Etch to another Router

I am fairly new to linux. I managed to install Debian (etch) on my computer, and when it all worked fine, installed one, for a friend of mine, from behind my router.

All works fine, when he puts his machine behind my router. Install went without a glitch.

'offcourse', when he takes his machine home, to his router, it does not work.

I think, it needs some tweeking. But, since I am new to linux, I fail to grasp WHAT exactly...

If only I could 'rerun' the autodetect-network-installer or something...

Any input would help... sorry if this is a totally newb question.. (shame shame)
I am trying to read the debian wiki, but you must imagine, that i should explain this to my friend on the phone :*(

Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/messenger?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_yahoo_082008