Re: console font corruption after exiting xorg

On 08/28/2008 11:35 AM, Scott Edwards wrote:
I'm having similar problems on two different machines.  For now I'll
focus on the laptop running stable on a g4 ppc CPU.

After I switch to a console screen, or exit from xorg, the console
font is corrupted.  I can see what I type, but you cannot make out
what the characters are on the screen.

Does anyone have suggestions on how troubleshoot this?  I didn't find
any related bugs on bts.

Thanks

I've had this problem when experimenting with VESA console modes and exotic console fonts. You might be able to fix the corruption by using "consolechars," e.g. "consolechars -f lat1-10"

The fonts are probably located in /usr/share/consolefonts/ . Be prepared to experiment to find the correct font. You can save the current console font to a file using the "-F" option.