Re: Pls help: memory leaks (my own, of course)

On Thu August 28 2008 03:27:37 Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> I tried to update my Lenny box, and I got an error: no space left on
> device. Tried aptitude autoclean, clean, but no luck. I known, it is my own
> fault, I was too lazy to change the partition scheme give by the D-I at
> installation. Anyway, there is a line command to use to change the amount
> of reserved space on the partition. I have used it some time ago, but
> forgot what it is. If some one could refresh my memory....

tune2fs -m 0 /dev/something ... but it may not help you.  If you were
installing software you were running as root which is allowed to use
the reserved space, so you probably don't have any reserved space left.

Try to find something you can safely delete - maybe in /tmp or /var/log.
Once system is usable, you can uninstall some unneeded packages to give
you more space to work with while you repartition.

--Mike Bird