Re: stuck with artwiz-cursor

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:32:38 +0200, Stefan Sassenberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm cleaning up a debian installation using synaptic and I removed
> (directly or as dependency) artwiz-cursor "completely". Something must
> have gone awry, because there was an error message during post-removal
> (2). Now synaptic tries to remove artwiz-cursor everytime I apply my
> changes and it always fails. I cannot remove artwiz-cursor and I cannot
> reinstall it nor unmark it from removal. Also my attempt with apt-get
> and dpkg on the command line fail. What can I do?

The post-removal script of artwiz-cursor has two tasks: to remove a
dpkg-diversion and to update the fonts.dir file for "misc". To see where
things go wrong, edit the script /var/lib/dpkg/info/artwiz-cursor.postrm
and change the line

set -e

set -ex

Then run "apt-get install -f" and post the output here.

          Florian   |