Re: Gnome hosed--theme crashing!

On 08/25/2008 09:12 PM, ZephyrQ wrote:
> >PauL Lane wrote:

> >>My bad, should be downgrade to 2.6.27.dfsg-2.
> >>

> >    I downgraded, but I'm still having the same problem with the themes
> >app in gnome (I can't change theme).  I checked out the bug report, but
> >the fix requires me to start using unstable, and I'm not comfortable
> >enough (and don't have the time in the short term to research) with
> >pinning to try and 'mix' my etch sources.
> >
> >    Anything I missed?

Did you reboot? If I remember correctly I had to reboot. Actually come to
think of it, when I did install the security update, the problem didn't
start until I rebooted the next morning. I thouhgt dpkg would stop and
restart services when upgrading?

Paul Lane         |Debian-Etch "Like a Rock"
KC9EYE            |GNU/Linux 2.6.18-6-486
                  |Mutt 1.5.13 (2006-08-11)
Amateur Radio and Linux "like" Peas and Carrots
http://www.qsl.net/kc9eye
"Freedom is the light of all sentient beings."
 Optimus Prime