Re: [OT] tool to load file onto clipboard

Hi,

I think this is on topic.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 08:19:11AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have several programs that generate files that are meant to be loaded
> onto WordPress.
>
> But WordPress uses only the clipboard to generate a blog entry.
>
> So now I have too use Konsole with 'more' or 'nano' and copy-paste.

So you use terminal emulator with "more".  That's a lot of work.

> But that is time consuming.
>
> Isn't there a tool out there that immediately loads a file onto the
> clipboard?

Under Gnome, I simply open those file with "Accessories" -> "Text Editor".
(or run "gedit filename" from console)

KDE's equivalent is, I think, Kate.  You can try the same with Kate.

Then "Edit" -> "Select all",  "Edit" -> "Copy".

This way you do not need to scroll through pages.

Osamu