Re: Etch netinstl. problem starting kwrite, synaptic, gedit.etc

On Sunday 24 August 2008 23:32, Shachar Or wrote:
> On Monday 25 August 2008 00:16, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > > You need sux instead of su.

> > > --
> > > Shachar Or | שחר אור
> > > http://ox.freeallweb.org/
> >
> > When I try the command sux, I just get a "command not found".
> >
> > Thanks for the reply though. I'm game for trying anything at the moment,
> > and all replies/suggestions, no matter how off the edge, are welcome.
>
> Install the sux package.

Thanks. That has resolved the problem. That said though, I still don't
understand why a plain old su is not working, as it does on other distros,
including my other Debian installs.

Never mind. So now I have Sarge, Etch, and Lenny, where I can just use su +
password to use GUI apps, but now with the new Etch install, I have to use
sux + password to use the GUI apps.

I am getting a bit old, and having to remember different commands for, in this
case the same distro, that I have 2 instances installed, is a bit trying, but
I suppose it keeps my brain active.

Nigel.