Keyboard Not working during Install of 4.0

I downloaded the latest netinstall CD a couple of days ago. I'm trying to
install it on a AMD Dual CPU MP2400 system that currently has Debian 3.0
installed. However, as soon as the install kernel boots, the keyboard
stops working.

The keyboard works in the BIOS, there are no settings in there that would
do anything to the keyboard. And when I boot from the CD, the keyboard
works. I can hit F1, F2, etc and view the different menu's and I can type
install, expert, expertgui, rescue, etc.

No matter what I enter, soon as the kernel boots, my keyboard stops
working, and if I try a gui install X does not start. It keeps flashing
the screen and spews some errors, they flash by too fast to read, but I
definately see somekind of keyboard error.  In textmode, it boots up to
the install routine, but I can't do anything because the keyboard is DOA.

I don't have a USB keyboard, but I have tried other ps2 keyboards and it
is the same result.

I then decided to do an upgrade of the 3.0 to 4.0 and got essentially the
same result. The ps2 keyboard and mouse do not work. I can boot with the
486 kernel and the keyboard and mouse work. But not the SMP or K7 kernels.

Is ps2 being dropped? Is there a kernel parameter I could pass when
booting the netinstall disk to get the keyboard working? Thanks.