Re: acer driver

Wayne Topa wrote:

> Jonathan Kaye wrote:
>> Wayne Topa wrote:
>>

>>> If it came with WindBloz did it include a CD with software for that
>>> card?  Does it have any software for that card installed?  Did the card
>>> work in WindBloz?  If you have WindBloz software for it you might get it
>>> working using the ndiswrapper package.
>>>
>> Hi again Wayne,
>> On the Acer website they do have the Windows XP driver for the Aspire
>> 3500. It's called Atheros Wireless LAN B+G Driver 4.0.0.14001. I can give
>> it a try with ndiswrapper.
>> Cheers,
>> Jonathan
>
> Sure you can.  Get that and the ndiswrapper (which I have not used) and
> go for it!!
>
> Good Find Jonathan!!
>
> Wayne
Hi Wayne,
Seems to work. ndiswrapper seemed happy with the set up and nicely installed
the XP drivers. I'm not near an AP but I noticed that kwifimanager has a
green bar indicating dl-ul speed now that it didn't have before. We'll take
the laptop to an AP point and give it a try. I'll report the results later
in the day.
Cheers,
Jonathan