Re: proftpd issue

Max Zimmermann wrote:
Bogdan schrieb:
Hey,

I installed proftpd and I accidentally selected it to run as a Inetd
service.  I figured out that I want it to be a standalone server so i
"apt-get remove --purge" it, removed the corresponding entry in
/etc/inetd.conf file and reinstalled proftpd. Problem is, it defaults
to inetd, and I can't seem the way to get it ask me wheter I want
inetd or stanalone. "dpkg-reconfigure proftpd" is not working as well
Any ideas?

Thanks.
Bogdan

Hey there,

just remove the inetd configuration for it and change proftpd.conf
accordingly.

i.e. ServerType standalone

instead of inetd.

Cheers!

Max

Hey,

Thanks for the quick answer!
I tried removing this line from inetd: "ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/proftpd". And than I set Server Type to standalone in proftpd.conf. It didn't work :(. When i tried "/etc/init.d/proftpd start" it complained that the server won't start neither in standalone way, nor in inetd...

Best regards,
Bogdan