Re: [debian-user] Re: Wikipedia

On 08/19/2008 06:00 PM, Ted Hilts wrote:
> I hope this message is not OT and forgive my ignorance but I received a

1. This message is OT. It is not related to debian and/or running a
debian system.

2. Please configure your mail system not to ask for 'return receipts'.
This is considered impolite on mailing lists.

[snip some blurb about some unreferenced gossip that there might be some
incorrect information on wikipedia]

Why would you trust any information from some anonymous guy or gal via
e-mail on debian-user more than what is written on wikipedia?

Both d-u and wikipedia come without warranty and may contain some wrong
information, but in both cases it's rather likely that someone will jump
in and correct that. (... at least as long as it's technical and not
related to politics/business.)

8-)

Johannes