Re: Gnome desktop: mouse suddenly won't move to left screen

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Ted Hilts wrote:

Andrew Perrin wrote:
I'm sure this is something simple, but on my gnome desktop which uses an ATI dual-output card for a dual-screen layout, I suddenly can't move the mouse off the right-side screen. The left side is recognized by the resolution switcher, and displays fine, but there's no way (that I can see) to actually use the real estate. To my knowledge I have done nothing to make that happen. Here's my xorg.conf (below).

System is running debian testing, Gnome 2.22.3, kernel 2.6.24.

Thanks for *any* advice-
Andy

[snip]

Could your problem be in the following section?

Re:
# Modeline "1440x900@75" 146.10 1440 1472 2024 2056 900 917 928 946
ModeLine "1440x900" 106.5 1440 1520 1672 1904 900 903 909 934
# Modeline "1440x900@60" 108.84 1440 1472 1880 1912 900 918 927 946

Well, I tried removing it and the symptom remains. Thanks for the thought, though. Any other ideas out there? The left-hand monitor is very pretty but not that useful if I can't get the mouse onto it....

Thanks,
Andy

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Associate Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA