type 1 fonts (without X11)?

How can I get the type 1 fonts (without installing X11 which is the only way I found by searching the net)?

I am using ntop which is throwing an error:

Error: fontconfig: Didn't find expected font family. Perhaps URW Type 1 fonts need installing? : Helvetica

I tried installing various useful-looking packages, such as t1lib-bin, but I can't find a package with the actual fonts in. Setting up t1lib-bin complains too:

Setting up t1lib-bin (5.1.0-2etch1) ...
Searching for Type 1 fonts and AFM files...
No Type 1 fonts were found in the expected locations.
If you want t1lib to be aware of your fonts, you should run
/usr/sbin/t1libconfig with the names of your local font directories as
arguments, or you should edit the /etc/t1lib/FontDatabase file manually.
See the FontDatabase(5) manual page for more information.

Thanks
Adam