Re: how to create /dev/ttyACM ?

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Jabka Atu <mashrom.head@gmail.com> wrote:

> but there is no /dev/ttyAM0 interface so i could use it with kmobiletools

I don't know about the particular motorola mobile you have, but IIRC,
some Motorola mobiles have a setting (within the mobile interface dealing
with how to use it with a computer via the data cable) that needs to be
set to (something like) "data cable" (the default being "memory card").

In your case, it is probably set to use the memory card when connected
to the PC. When you set it to use the data cable, instead of the memory
card, you should be able to use the serial interface (ttyACM0).

I am not sure though that this is indeed the case here. (In my case, it was
a Motorola L7 Mobile).

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee