Re: [Fwd: Etch's and Lenny's mktemp seriously broken]

Hi Dirk,

On 2008-08-15 10:51 +0200, Dirk Wetter wrote:

> just submitted this bug. Am I missing something and is
> this somehow "on purpose"?

Well, I don't think this is a serious problem, since mktemp will create
a different file if the one with the pid already exists.  The
predictability of the file name is not nice, but it is only a security
problem if you create the file in a world-writable directory that does
not have the sticky bit set.  And in such directories, you're subject to
all kinds of race conditions anyway.

Sven