Re: Problems printing PDF documents

Aniruddha wrote:
On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 11:30 +0100, andy wrote:
Hi

Can anyone please help me debug this problem.

I'm trying to print from computer B to a printer attached at computer A. All documents print just fine, except for PDFs. I have occasional success printing PDFs through KPDF, but no luck whatsoever using acroread. I have included the output of the "diagnosis" from the print dialogue, but am unsure how to proceed past this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy

Which documents are you trying to print? Some have a some kind of print
restriction embedded. Can you print the pdf's from the Debian doc page?

I printed out the 1st page of a pdf document from the Debian doc page. I have looked at the properties and permissions of the files that don't print and printing is explicitly allowed as far as I can tell. When the file is sent to print, it seems to tie up gs, using ~96%cpu and ~45-50%mem (according to top). The print dialogue box shows the file, with a job number and owner, and describes the state as "Printing: job-printing" ... but it isn't.

At first I was thinking it might be something with Adobe acroread, but now its looking more like the files themselves. However, they are being sent to the print server apparently, just not being printed.