Re: what's the best IDE for C programming in Debian?

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Andrew Sackville-West
<andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> Seeing how powerful it is, but knowing how powerful emacs is, or can
> be, I wonder what emacs based tools exist for performing similarly in
> emacs? A few pointers to some more powerful code tools in emacs would
> be great. This class is over in a couple of weeks, and I've got a
> couple projects I'd like to work on in my own time. I'd like to get
> back up to where I was in emacs and grow beyond it.

I am not aware of anything in (or for) Emacs having the power of the
refactoring features of the Java IDE in Eclipse.  If somebody would
like to correct me on that I would be very grateful indeed.   However,
there is something for Python, I understand: the Bicycle Repair Man.
I found http://c2.com/cgi-bin/wiki?BicycleRepairMan but there may be
better pages.

James.