Problem with Python script on Apache

I installed the darcsweb package, I am running apache on Debian 4.0.
But when I go to http://www.mydomain.org/darcs/ it shows only the
regular listing.

I read /usr/share/doc/darcsweb/README.Debian and it says:

"if you are running a flavour of apache(2), put your darcs repositories
in /var/www/darcs and things should "just work"."

So I put my darcs repo in /var/www/darcs/.

It also says:

"if you want to customise things, take a look at
/etc/darcsweb/config.py, and maybe also /etc/apache/conf.d/darcsweb.conf."

I verified these 2 files exist. So what exactly must I do to get this
working? Is there some sort of Apache setup to get these scripts
working? Here are my python and darcs package versions:

ii  darcs                      1.0.9~rc1-0.1                   an
advanced revision control system
ii  darcsweb                   0.16-1                          web
interface for browsing darcs repositorie

ii  python                     2.4.4-2                         An
interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii  python-central             0.5.12
register and build utility for Python packag
ii  python-doc                 2.4.4-1
Documentation for the high-level object-orie
ii  python-minimal             2.4.4-2                         A
minimal subset of the Python language (def
ii  python2.4                  2.4.4-3+etch1                   An
interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii  python2.4-doc              2.4.4-2
Documentation for the high-level object-orie
ii  python2.4-minimal          2.4.4-3+etch1                   A
minimal subset of the Python language (ver

Zach