Re: FireGPG

Hi,

2008/8/10 Zaki Akhmad <zakiakhmad@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Anybody using FireGPG[1] here? I am having problem. I've created the
> gpg file with gpg.

No I have not used it, but below is what I see happening from the error.

> Here's my .gnupg directory consist of:
> za@kafka:~/.gnupg$ ls -l
> total 32
> -rw------- 1 za za 9154 2008-08-10 14:08 gpg.conf
> -rw------- 1 za za  636 2008-08-10 14:10 pubring.gpg
> -rw------- 1 za za  636 2008-08-10 14:10 pubring.gpg~
> -rw------- 1 za za  600 2008-08-10 14:10 random_seed
> -rw------- 1 za za 1325 2008-08-10 14:10 secring.gpg
> -rw------- 1 za za 1280 2008-08-10 14:10 trustdb.gpg
>
> Then I add the pubring.gpg file to FireGPG option. The error message
> which shown is:
> Error : FireGPG is unable to access the gpg executable. Make sure GPG
> is installed or specify the path in the preferences.

To me firegpg is wanting you to tell it in the preferences where the
gpg executable is, eg
$ whereis gpg
gpg: /usr/bin/gpg /usr/share/man/man1/gpg.1.gz

and the path you have to add to the preferences of firegpg for the gpg
executable is '/usr/bin/gpg'

> I've put the pubring.gpg ont the right path. Anybody can give me some
> hints? Thanks!
>
> --
> Zaki Akhmad
> [1]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4645

HTH

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://southernvaleslug.org/
[IRC] #southern-vales.lug on irc.freenode.net