Re: Benefits (and risks) of using Sid

Bob Cox wrote:
On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 12:11:06 -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI (eduardo@kalinowski.com.br) wrote:
Preston Boyington wrote:
As it stands, I press "/" enter my search criteria and then press
"enter" to access the packages.  Then I press "/" again and "enter" to
go to the next found item.  I don't know of a way to cycle through
otherwise so if I miss a package I have to cycle through the whole
list to get back to it.  Something like the "previous" and "next"
feature in how aptitude resolves dependencies would be nice.

If there is already a means in place please let me know.
Use 'n' to go to the next result, and 'N' for the previous one. (This
last one is not particularly intuitive.)
It's the same as in 'less' and 'vim' so is what many of us would expect.

Ah, that's why I didn't know. I haven't used 'vim' much at all and I use 'less' for piping stuff into.

Thanks for letting me know.