Re: ath5k-based card not working

Chris Howie wrote:

> I have a card that seems to be driven by the ath5k module.  The lspci
> -n line corresponding to it is:
>
> 03:00.0 0200: 168c:001c (rev 01)
>
> I am running 2.6.26-1-amd64.  According to the HCL this card should
> work since 2.6.25.

It doesn't work yet with the ath5k in the kernel, the madwifi driver in sid
works fine on my laptop which has the same card.  Latest I've heard is
there are patches to ath5k for support of this model and the hope is that
they will get in to 2.6.27 but if not then 2.6.28.

Alternatively there is a compat-wireless tarball that is reported to work
available if you don't want to use a non-free driver until then.
http://www.mail-archive.com/ath5k-devel@lists.ath5k.org/msg00955.html