Re: Dual Core processor ?

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 2:53 PM, hhding.gnu <hhding.gnu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Account for Debian group mail wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm in the process of replacing one of our mail servers with a new
>> machine. Is Debian stable enough on the Intel or AMD dual core 64 bit
>> processors for a mail server?
>>
>> This machine will get heavy use and runs hard for 24 hrs a day.
>>
>> Any suggestion for something fast but very stable?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ken

I am running my company email server (Postfix) on 2xDual Core Intel
Xeon CPU's and 6GB's of RAM. The server runs perfect and have had no
issues what so ever. I am running Etch and have about 400 users on the
email server. You should have no problems what so ever. I have never
used AMD in an enterprise environment.