Re: [OT?]Re: pc doesn't start

owens@netptc.net wrote:

HTH

Wackojacko
Those "coin batteries" are typically 2025's or 2032's, and are quite
common.  In the US, Wal*Mart carries them.  Elsewhere, try the local
Wal*Mart equivalent, e.g. Tesco, or Radio Shack, or the local
computer
parts store should have some.  Some are lithium, some are alkaline,
it
really doesn't matter, they are fairly cheap either way.  I keep
some on
hand, not only do my computers use them, but the car "zapper" locker/unlocker uses them, and so does my blood sugar test meter.

Mark Allums

I would be very surprised if the BIOS battery is alkaline.  Alkaline
batteries do have a characteristic that the voltage gradually drops
as the battery dies; on the other hand Li batteries usually hold
their voltage until they die at which point the voltage drops to near
zero.
Larry

They are available both ways.

Mark Allums