Re: [!] 2.6.26 + vga=791

On 08/02/08 09:06, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
[snip]

Good clue! But I am no closer and consider giving up: it would only be
useful if I found a kernel parameter for the cmdline to avoid being
without framebuffers.

Any other "fix" entails recompiling the Debian Kernel, e.g. in order to
install uvesfb you have to do that.

The last Debian kernel that ran with vga=791 was 2.6.24. So I did a diff
-y beteen that and 2.6.25 that does *not* allow vga=791. That file is here:
http://www.geocities.com/hugovanwoerkom/config-24-25-diff.txt

The only seemingly-relevant change I see is to this entry:
CONFIG_FB_UVESA

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Scientists are people, too.  IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."
http://thefutureofthings.com/book/3/the-bomb-that-never-was.html