How to restore the default top panel in xfce4

Hi:

I'm meeting a problem on xfce4 panel after I did a full package upgrade (no dist-upgrade), debian lenny/sid 2.6.24-1, xfce4.4-2, xfce4-panel 4.4.-2-6.

My default top panel with the task list, workspaces was becoming bigger after the upgrade, and I couldn't get it back to normal by modifying the properties of the panel. So I removed the panel, and tried to add a new panel. But there is no option for the newly added panel to be placed at the top of screen. I have to get the previously removed panel back because I want one panel be on top of the screen.

Does any one know how to do that?

Thanks a lot!
Michael.