Re: wireless LAN problems with recent kernels

Hi,

Robin <rc.rattusrattus@googlemail.com> writes:

> 2008/8/1 Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@2008.43-1.org>:
[problems with RT2500 and newer kernel version]

> I'm not sure if you mean the rt2500 drivers  as in the debian
> packages. Also I have a rt73 so what follows may not apply.
> I think the rt* series have been included in the kernel as of 2.6.24.
> Prior to 2.6.24 I used the enhanced legacy drivers from serialmonkey
> and have gone back to them in preference to the in-kernel package
> modules as they performed much better, between 2 and 8 times the
> throughput.

Indeed I did use the rt2500 from the rt2500-source package with the old
kernel, and the in-kernel drivers with the new kernel.  I did now
install the legacy drivers with module-assistant and it seems to work
fine so far.  I hope they will continue to do so :-)

Thanks for the hint.

Regards,
Ansgar

--
PGP: 1024D/595FAD19  739E 2D09 0969 BEA9 9797  B055 DDB0 2FF7 595F AD19