Re: Cannot switch to VT (console) [SOLVED]

On 01/08/08 22:04, Michal R. Hoffmann wrote:
On 30/07/08 22:15, Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 00:17:35 +0100, Michal R. Hoffmann wrote:

[cut]

I agree with you that it should work like that. Maybe you have to try a
simpler configuration now, and then you can gradually add all the above
options to find out which one breaks the VT switching. As far as I can
tell, they should all be defined, but maybe they are not all compatible
(which could be a bug).

I have to do some tests tomorrow (too tired now). I found that it doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not (I use GDM / Gnome) - it's all the same. So probably it's something about Xorg. Maybe my keyboard settings (it's Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, UK version):

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver        "kbd"
    Option        "XkbRules"    "xorg"
    Option        "XkbModel"    "pc105"
    Option        "XkbLayout"    "uk"
EndSection

Or maybe it is a bug.

I found the reason, sort of. I changed XkbLayout to "us" and it is OK now. But why? Why it didn't work with the "uk" setting? Considering my keyboard's physical layout (which is "uk") it is weird.

Thanks for your help.
--
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann