Re: Phoenix-awardbios Setup AMD64 Dual Core

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Account for Debian group mail
<debian@pcez.com> wrote:
> As stated above I "enabled" this but does anyone know if this is the
> correct setting? for a AMD64 Dual Core machine running kernel-image
> vmlinuz-2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-amd64 and 4 Gigs of ram.

I don't see how it would hurt things if it were left enabled. It
shouldn't affect anything and if you have it enabled you can use
virtualization which your cpu supports (real hardware virtualization)
and can explore things like xen, vmware, virtualbox and stuff like
that.

I'm thinking of trying it too now that I have a machine that's
powerful enough to do it.