Re: 64 bit Dual-Core Moron

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Account for Debian group mail
<debian@pcez.com> wrote:
> I'd like to put the computer as a whole under a stress test, performance
> test. I can look at the /etc/dmesg and see that the CPS's are up and

Possibly mprime's torture test? That's at mersenne.org. I've used it
to check a variety of PC health issues.

It'll run for as long as you want. If you get errors, there could be
hardware issues with your RAM, cpu, bus, power supply and so forth.

You can also benchmark and compare your speed with other like machines.

Or maybe a few days of BOINC/setiathome (that's 64 bit, and you can
make it use both cores.)

Those, of course, are cpu tests and don't really test out all the
things in the machine, such as network, disk reads/writes etc.